Silver Membership Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Silver Membership General Terms/Conditions
- The PLAY Silver Membership Program (“Silver Membership” or “Program”) is sponsored by Infinite Technology Inc. doing business as (dba) PLAY. Members of the Program (“Members”) agree to the terms and conditions (“T&C”) published and subject to periodic update. Those T&C replace all previously-published information and Members have the responsibility to check for any updates. If the T&C are updated, any changes will apply to all Members, including Members enrolled before PLAY posts the updated text. Occasionally PLAY and/or Silver Membership may test new offers, promotions or program benefits with certain members based on factors within PLAY’s sole discretion.
- PLAY may change the Program T&C, in whole or in part, at any time without notice, even though changes may affect the value of the points already accumulated. By enrolling in the Program (“Membership”), Members agree to receive advertising, marketing materials, and other communications, unless expressly disallowed as a profile preference. Members are responsible for maintaining accurate and updated personal information regarding their account (“Account”). Members can obtain information about the Program, their Account activity, and change their profile preferences and contact information at any time by visiting any PLAY store.
- Membership is valid only at participating PLAY retail store locations. Membership is open to residents of Barbados who are 13 years of age or older. If a Member is between 13 and 17, the Member agrees that he/she has obtained permission from a parent or legal guardian. PLAY does not knowingly collect information from children under 13.
- Membership cards, points, offers and reward certificates are nontransferable, have no cash value, may not be purchased, and are not redeemable for cash under any circumstances. Accumulated points, offers and rewards certificates do not constitute property of the Member. Accumulated points and coupons are not transferable by the Member upon death, as part of a domestic relations matter, or otherwise.
- Entities or persons using the Program for profit are not eligible to become Members or to accumulate points.
- Abuse of the Program, including failure to follow the T&C may result in cancellation of the Member’s Account and future disqualification from participation and forfeiture of all points accrued. In connection with the enforcement of any of the T&C governing the Program, PLAY reserves the right to take appropriate legal action, as it deems necessary, and to recover damages, attorneys’ fees and court costs.
- A Member may cancel his or her Membership by notifying Customer Service by mail, email or telephone. PLAY, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel an individual Membership. Cancellation of Membership results in loss of all accumulated points. Members who cancel voluntarily may not re-activate the Account but are eligible to open a new Account without the benefit of the previously accumulated points.
- If there is no account activity or points posted to a Member’s Account for twelve consecutive months (not including the year the member joined) beginning in January and ending in December (1 calendar year), the Account is subject to closure at PLAY’s discretion, including loss of accumulated points.
- Members may be provided with the ability to use usernames, passwords, or other codes or devices to gain access to restricted portions of PLAY websites including, play.bb and www.playbarbados.com. Each Member has the responsibility for the use of his or her own access codes.
- From time to time, Members may be eligible for sweepstakes, contests or other similar promotions. Participation in such events shall be subject to the terms, conditions, and rules published at the time of such event.
Accumulation of Points
- Points cannot be accumulated on purchases made before a Member initiates an Account and Members cannot view the accumulation of their points or redeem their points for rewards until the Account is fully set up in our POS system. Allow 24-48 hours after signing up online for the account to be activated.
- Members accumulate points for every $1 spent on any eligible product purchase when a Member’s account number is provided at time of purchase of eligible products in store or online. Purchases accumulate points at the following rates, subject to change without notice:
- 2 points will be accumulated for every dollar spent in the categories of systems and consoles, new games, memory and all value based cards
- 3 points will be accumulated for every dollar spent in the categories of pre-played games, accessories and used systems or consoles
- 5 points will be accumulated for every dollar spent in the categories of parts and services
- Select other products including PLAY gift cards and special orders may, at any or all times, accumulate lower or zero point values at PLAY’s sole discretion.
- Selected products may, at times designated by PLAY, accumulate bonus points which may be double or triple the normal point value
- At this time, members will not accumulate points for trade-in credit.
- The dollar amount of any eligible product purchased will be rounded up or down to the nearest whole dollar before accumulated points are calculated.
- Points will post to a Member’s Account immediately from the time of in-store purchase. No adjustments to a Member’s Account will be made after 30 days from the actual purchase date, except at PLAY’s sole discretion.
- Point calculations are based upon dollars spent at checkout on eligible purchases less taxes, fees, delivery charges, trade-in values, or other excluded charges.
- Members do not accumulate points for the amount of any coupons redeemed or discounts applied or other ineligible tender type. When Members return products to the store, points previously posted to a Member’s Account for that purchase will be deducted from the Member’s Account. Other exclusions and limitations may apply.
- In the event that a Member returns merchandise that was partially or wholly paid for with a coupon(s) or a reward certificate, the coupon(s) and reward certificates used in connection with the purchase will not be reissued. In the event a refund is authorized, only the portion paid for by cash, debit or credit card will be refunded. The balance, less any restocking fees or other charges, will be credited to the member’s account as store credit valid for a period of 90 days.
- Silver Membership points are valid for at least one year from date of posting to the Member’s Account provided the Member remains active in the Program. “Active” is defined as making at least one purchase or trade in a calendar year beginning January 1st and ending December 31 either of the year of activation or the year following program activation. If at least one qualifying purchase or trade is made during this period, the expiration date of the accumulated points is extended for 12 months ending December 31st. If a qualifying purchase is not made within the specified period, all accumulated points shall be forfeited.
Account Activity Statement
- Members are responsible for ensuring that their points are properly credited. If proper credit does not appear on the Member’s invoice at time of purchase, the Member should contact Customer Service within 30 days of the purchase.
Silver Membership Benefits : Subject to change without notice, a Silver Member is entitled to the following benefits commencing 24 to 48 hours following their enrollment online or immediately following the purchase of the Silver Membership in any PLAY store:
- $5 or $10 off all video game purchases over $30 (except those on sale or special)
- $5 or $10 off selected accessories over $30 (except those on sale or special)
- Member only offers and specials every month. These will be sent via email or can be viewed at www.play.bb
- 1,000 points added to the member’s account on their birthday every year they remain an active member
- No receipt will be required for returns or exchanges for store credit. Refunds will require a receipt.
- Warranty period on new game console purchases will be extended to six months
- Periodic and/or temporary programs that may increase the amount of points awarded to a Member.
Redemption of Points
- Points may be redeemed for reward certificates of $5 (500 points), $10 (1000 points), $20 (2000 points), or $50 (5000 points) each. A Member may elect to save or “stockpile” their points to use for a higher value certificate at their discretion.
- Members may use their points for instant redemption for reward certificates in any PLAY store. In this case, the reward certificate will not be physically printed but will be applied to the purchase at that time and show as a discount line on the invoice. Members redeeming points must present valid proof of identification at time of redemption.
- Reward certificates may be used in conjunction with most other discounts, but the total discounts may not exceed 50% of the original price of each item. Limit of three (3) of any coupon, discount, or other offer per person, per account, per day
- Offers and reward certificates are not valid on prior purchases, certain products and services, purchase of gift cards, downloadable content (“DLC”) or digital value cards, or for taxes or fees. Other restrictions may apply.
- PLAY is not responsible for communications, including reward certificate and/or offer communications lost due to change of contact information.
Governing Law & Disclaimers
- These T&C shall be governed by and construed under the laws of Barbados
- Use of the programs described in these T&C and any of their associated benefits is at a Member’s sole risk. They are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. PLAY and all of its affiliates, directors, officers and agents (collectively “PLAY”) expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. PLAY shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if PLAY has been advised of the possibility of such damages).
- © 2016 Infinite Technology Inc. dba PLAY